Tuesday 23 August 2011

Orange Grove Markets & Owls

Last week my friend in Melbourne sent me these gorgeous egg owl cartons to make. We did not get around to making the owls this weekend - Kate did, and sent me the owl she made with her 2 year old little man. I love it. You'll see these egg owl cartons are made by the folks who run Small Magazine a beautiful design mag for little people, worth having a look at!

On Saturday we visited Orange Grove Markets, I think it was my first visit - I may have been once before... my prenatal brain can't quite work it out right now!

My Mum loves this organic farmers market and has been telling me to pay them a visit for some time now... held in the Orange Grove Public School Lilyfield on Saturdays from 8am to 1pm. We ventured off and each found that which delighted us so. Firstly, my man was in taste testing heaven (sampling food is one of his great joys) and we took home pickled tuscan red onions, salmon rillettes, and a selection of gourmet sausages... I enjoyed pastries on site... and the little man had his first taste of chocolate from the barista!

If you keep going beyond the food stalls, you come to the grassy playground where we found little ponies which kids can take a ride on. Not sure how much a ride costs, we merely patted the ponies while our little man looked on disapprovingly - as he is not a fan of animals in the flesh. The playground also has swings, slides and all that jazz - which was much more to our boys fancy.

No comments:

Post a Comment