Friday 21 September 2012

Cloudy day carrot cake

Today we made a carrot cake - the recipe is from Roar Sweetly's blog. Many thanks. This is the second time I've made it. The first time I made it solo and today O and I had great fun making it together while J napped.

I am not a natural at cooking, practise makes better... I am definitely improving! Good simple recipes have also been key. Living with three hungry boy-men, who all love eating means I am always looking for new things to try; healthy snacks, full-them-up meals. 

We did not ice the cake today as the cream cheese icing did not sit too well with my D's tummy (a personal sensitivity to cheeseness) last time. We still very much enjoy the cake, we serve it with a spoon of vanilla ice-cream! I discovered a good trick today when baking with O - we made the cake over the sink. It was easier for O to stir the bowl, as it was trapped in the sink, the mess was contained. It's a good recipe to make with kids, we took turns in whisking the mixture and then grating the carrots. O was great and even insisted on washing the dishes once it was in the oven.

Many (yummy) thanks again to Roar Sweetly.

1 comment:

  1. So glad you like this cake and many thanks for linking to my blog! We are moving house in a week (just a few blocks over) and I'll be making this cake today to freeze for moving day. I must remember the ginger this time!

    ReplyDelete